Friday, April 06, 2007

TV: Family Guy - 1st & 2nd Seasons (1999)

DVD: 4 Discs
Family Guy, Vol. 1 (Seasons 1 & 2)

"Giggidy-giggidy-giggidy-giggidy!"

Review: I was expecting to dislike this show when I first heard of it because I thought it would be a bad Simpsons clone, but I discovered that this show has a unique voice that makes me laugh my ass off. Stewie and Brian are my favorite characters and I enjoy the episodes where they team up like in "Road to Rhode Island".

"Brian, there's a message in my Alpha Bits. It says 'OOOOOO'."
"Peter, those are Cheerios."

"Stewie, come complete our rainbow."
"I've got a better idea. Let's go play 'swallow the stuff under the sink'."

"Now, I know you're a feminist, and I think that's adorable, but this is grown-up time and I'm the man."

"Okay, insert rod support A into slot B."
"That's what..."
"If you say "that's what she said" one more time, I am gonna pop you."

"Typical male fantasy. Women drinking beer. I can guarantee that a man made that commercial."
"Of course they did. It's a commercial, not a delicious Thanksgiving dinner."

"I love God. He's so deliciously evil."

"It'll be a good chance to get away from the evil monkey that lives in my closet."

"Careful! You're washing a baby's scalp, not scrubbing the vomit out of a Christmas dress, you stupid holiday drunk."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: