Thursday, April 26, 2007

Film: The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005)

DVD: Anamorphic
The 40-Year-Old Virgin (Unrated Widescreen Edition)

"You know how when you grab a woman's breast... it feels like... a bag of sand?"

Review: Before this movie I thought Steve Carrell was a decent character actor but wouldn't be able to carry a whole movie, but I was wrong. This movie is frequently hilarious as it intelligently satirizes all the conversations guys go through as they try to figure out women, sex and love.

The movie feels a little bloated at times but maybe that is because I have only watched the longer unrated cut. The theatrical version might have cut some of the funny but unnecessary scenes.

"You know what? I respect women! I love women! I respect them so much that I completely stay away from them!"

"I dated this girl for four months, and it was the best thing in my life! Until she went down on this guy in... an Escalade, I think."
"Where is she now?"
"Oh, she's dating some pot dealer which is a stupid horrible decision, but Hey, that's her journey. If she wants to be a fucking immature bitch and blow everybody... But that's love, man."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: