Friday, April 06, 2007

TV: Cheers - 9th Season

DVD: 5 Discs

Review: This is a good season but it is lacking with no really amazing episodes to define it. Probably the best moment is a drunk Rebecca trying to seduce Sam after calling off her wedding with Robin. The season ends with Sam and Rebecca deciding to have a child together.

Quotes:
"Hey Woody, it says here that you and Carla have not had a raise in over two years."
"That's right, Sam. I guess that's why I've been so darn moody lately."

"Hi, Miss Howe."
"Oh, Woody. You don't work for me any more. You don't need to call me Miss Howe. Just call me Rebecca."
"Oh! Hi Rebecca... Rebecca, I kind of like that. What do you think, NOOORM?"
"Now, now, Woody. C'mon."
"Sorry, Mr. Peterson. It's just not me, Miss Howe."

"Sam, you missed a great lunch. Mr. Clavin and Mr. Peterson treated me at The Hungry Heifer."
"How was it?"
"Wednesday Ribscapade, Sammy. End of story."

"I agree, Lilith. As you know, we rarely agree as you're a behavioralist and I'm a strict Freudian. But... it does make for some... some hot, angry sex in the boudoir. I don't have to tell you."
"I wish you hadn't."

"As a rule, your psycho killers don't have families. Naw, they're loners. They may have jobs, be good to their mothers. But, by and large, they sit alone at night in a dark room, writing their depraved thoughts in a dairy."
"Cliffie, you keep a diary, don't you?"
"I keep a journal, Norm. A JOURNAL!!"

"Woody, I can not except these. People are going to get the wrong idea."
"What, that I have a crush on you."
"No, that I like crap."

"Listen, Kelly is Woody's girlfriend. I'm sure you could have any girl you wanted."
"I know, but Kelly is, ah, sooo innocent and naive. I love to change that."
"Boy, I'm kinda torn here. Woody is my closest friend but that is a real solid argument."

"I tell you, man. This is the best deal I ever scammed. I get my pool room and bathrooms rent-free and all I had to do was toss back a little fish I didn't want anyway."
"Way to go, Sammy. Want to go shoot some stick in YOUR pool room?"
"No, I don't think so."
"How would you like to wash your hands in YOUR bathroom?"
"No, no, no."
"Want do you want, Sam?"
"I want that little fish back."

"Drop your pants."
"What?"
"You heard me, buddy. I... want... you..."
"No, no, Sweetheart. We can't do this."
"Yes we can, Sam. The train is pulling into the station. All aboard, whooo, whooo!"
"I'm sorry, I won't do this."
"Why?!"
"First of all, you've been drinking a little bit... and a gentleman has rules. And second, you're kinda repulsive right now."
"You can't take it?"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: