Thursday, April 05, 2007

TV: Cheers - 4th Season

DVD: 4 Discs
Cheers - The Complete Fourth Season

"It's not like that anymore. Because all I feel for you is the concern of a friend, the same way I would for, say, Norm or a dog."
"You say that. But you know our passions always overcome our intentions. We say it's over and yet we still end up in each others arms. Hugging and then kissing, perhaps lightly at first. Then with open mouths. Hungry, probing tongues..."
"Go on."

Review: The first half of this season treaded water as Sam and Diane's relationship slipped into a "Just Friends" limbo. Woody joined the cast this season but it took the writers a little bit to figure out how best to use his talents. It also took awhile to find a smooth way to integrate Frasier back into the cast after Diane dumped him last season. The second half of the season really picked up steam and contains some of my favorite episodes.

"Okay, Watson. Fire it up."
"Cliffie, are you all right?"
"It went right from my neck to my lower regions, Norm."
"Anything we can do?"
"Yeah, crank it up again."

"Well, I guess I have no choice. Now, how best to approach, Sam? I could appeal to his generosity, his good nature, and it wouldn't hurt to remind him that I'm a woman."
"I'd carry a sign."

"All right, I know you guys think that Cliff is pretty weird, but I'll say this much for him. He'll probably never reproduce."

"Is this really how you feel about me?"
"This is my clinical view of you. As a woman, I might have felt something different than I feel as an academician."
"This makes my life feel so... cheap and pathetic."
"Sam, you're reading things into this."
"Like here where it says, 'his life is cheap and pathetic'?"

"Sam, I don't think you should encourage Woody to pursue illegal activities."
"Oh lighten up, will you Diane. It's part of a guy's passage into maturity, you know, like going to a cat house or wizzing off a balcony or... mooning out of the back of a car."
"Or on a really good night, all three."

"He's probably a writer or a poet or something."
"What do you think he's writing, Woody?"
"Well, I hope he's not writing about a boy and his dog who roam through the countryside doing good deeds and drinking beer."
"Why?"
"Because that's the story I'm writing."

"I want to change my answer again."
"Well, that's okay and I'll change my question to, ah... Is there anyway that you would not object to not going to bed with me?"
"Wait a minute."

"I sincerely doubt that Frasier would approve of being set up for a one-night stand with one of you're jiggling, jugheads."
"I am not talking about sex, necessarily, I just think that Frasier should know that women don't always mean misery. I think Candi is just what the doctor prescribed. She's cute, she's fun and she's never met a man she didn't like... a lot."

"My God, you look pale. You folks should have seen her frolicking in the surf in Mikonos, her little bottom was as brown as a berry."
"The stick running around buck naked?"
"It was a semi-private beach."
"It used to be a semi-private bottom."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: