Saturday, April 14, 2007

Film: Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Memoirs of an Invisible Man

"He was invisible before he became invisible."

Review: I was a big fan of this book. I think the movie does a good job of staying true to the main plot of the source which I appreciate when a lot of times that is not the case. Chevy Chase does a decent job with the material, showing his strengths in the comedic parts of the movie but struggling a bit in the darker sections. This made me enjoy the beach house scenes the most. I would pay to see a remake with a more serious actor selling the dramatic side of the story.

"Let's get something straight, Warren. I’m the one who kills people, so if you piss me off, I’ll cut off your testicles, fry them up in a pan and Morrissey here will have them for lunch."

3 out of 4 Stars

No comments: