Friday, April 06, 2007

TV: Cheers - 11th Season (1992-1993)

DVD: 4 Discs


Review: The last season was a little lackluster but it still had a few great episodes including the amazing finale.

Quotes:
"Listen, I guess we have to start a new tab, huh? It's too bad we lost my old tab in the fire."
"Actually, I had it in the safe."
"You did. Why?"
"Well, to tell the truth, it's kinda my most valuable asset. I like to think of it as my retirement plan. You know, I figured, one of these days you'll start paying and I can start thinking about retiring."

"Hey fellas, look what I got here."
"What's that?"
"You know the bar business is getting more and more competitive and I've been racking my brains trying to figure out how I can compete. I think I finally got the answer."
"A toaster oven?"
"Yeah. What I'm gonna do is put some Saltines in here, melt some American cheese on top, serve them to the customers. Buck a pop, maybe."
"Well, there goes my last reason for staying home."

"The jobs very simple, you'll drink random samples of beer off the line and give us your opinion. That's it. Well, you ready to see the brewery, Norm?"
"I've been ready for 43 years, Sir."
"You'll be sampling beer, submitting your comments to the master brewer who'll evaluate them and in turn he'll... Are you, are you crying, Norm?"
"Nah, just something in my eye there."

"People, jeez, you'd think they'd never seen a blowtorch scar before."
"Wow, who took a blowtorch to you?"
"I did. I let myself down. Nobody let's Tiny down."
"Sammy, you got to get rid of that guy."

"Excuse me, are you the gentlemen that I led from the foyer to the library? Am I correct?"
"Yeah, right."
"Can you be a dear and help me find my way back?"
"Oh, sure. Well, actually it's not that hard. All you gotta do is go down that staircase with those naked angels that are carved in the banister. Then you go through that long hallway with the three naked ladies kinda frolicking in the field there. Then you go take a left and you get in that big room that has that bronze statue of the babe... I'll tell you what. Why don't I take you there myself."

"Sam, news of this gravity should be told by someone who has studied the human psyche in great detail. Someone who has tact, compassion and understanding of the human heart."
"Okay, Dr. Crane, I'll do it but you got to deliver this martini. Carla!"
"Woody! I was referring to myself."
"Oh, right... Calling Dr. Von Ego."

"You're not blackmailing me? I didn't need to buy your silence?"
"Well no, I'd never blackmail you, Mr. Gaines. I mean, I think what your doing is disgusting and wrong, but that's between you and Satan. I got something to tell you. I think we can't be friends anymore. I don't respect you."
"Well, I'll just have to live with your scorn and contempt, Woody."
"Okay, Mr. Gaines. I just want you to know I'd never blackmail you. I'd much rather do this... HEY EVERYBODY! I GOT SOMETHING TO TELL YOU... I WANT THE WISHBONE... Gotcha! This is gonna be a fun night."

"I don't understand, why would an actress leave in the middle of a successful series?"

"Sammie, can I let you in on a little secret?"
"Sure."
"I knew you'd come back."
"You did?"
"You can never be unfaithful to your one true love. You always come back to her."
"Who is that?"
"Think about it, Sam."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: