Thursday, April 19, 2007

TV: Grosse Pointe - Complete Series (2000-2001)

DVD: 2 Discs
Grosse Pointe - The Complete Series

"You are so great on the show... even if the fans don't agree."

Review: This was a short-lived series that was an excellent behind-the-scenes satire of teen shows like Beverly Hills, 90210. It concentrated on the comic interactions of the actors and crew members on the Warner Brothers' lot and how this affected their fictional show called Grosse Pointe. I was very disappointed when this show was cancelled after one season with a cliff-hanger ending but I am very happy to own it on DVD.

"Every time I kiss you I think I deserve an Emmy."
"And every time I kiss you, I think, why can't I kiss a girl with breasts."

"Why should I take advice from you? The longest relationship you ever had was in the bathroom stall at the Viper Room."

"I bet they're not making Dawson's Creek go supernatural for Halloween."
"Oh, they are... Dawson's going to hell to save Joey's soul."

"He says he's going to start a whole gay chapter for Johnny Bishop. Just look what they've done for Keanu Reeves."

"I wouldn't go around here bragging about how much time you spend on these scripts, cause guess what? They suck."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: