Friday, April 06, 2007

TV: Cheers - 6th Season

DVD: 4 Discs
Cheers - The Complete Sixth Season

"I sold this bar because it had a lot of bad memories for me. But once I got away from it, I realized it had a lot of good memories too. There was one memory in particular that I have been trying to shake. You see, I was afraid that I was going to walk in here today and see her face every where I looked, but instead what I saw was all these silly changes you made here."
"I happen to think..."
"No, no, I mean, it was good. It helped me. What I'm trying to say is, this place is the closest thing I have to a real home. I want to come back. Please."

Review: This is the first season with Rebeca instead of Diane. While she brings a completely different dynamic to the show, she is an excellent addition. She also brings out a new comedic angle in Sam's character who is now free of the anger that Diane always brought out in him.

"I don't want to hear another word about this, Mr. Malone. I know you have trouble dealing with a woman in a position of authority."
"Wow, wait a minute. I resent that. I've never had trouble with a woman in any position."

"Rebeca Howe? You and I are both mature women and I think we should handle this openly and with civility. Believe me, I could be doing you a very big favor. Fraiser is not an easy man to live with. He's obsessively compulsive about neatness. The sex is good but he pouts unless you complement his performance. Fortunately, his male ego can be satisfied with a simple, Thank you, Conan."
"I don't know who you are and I don't know who Frasier is, but I do... Conan?"

"Sam, I got to talk to you. You can't go through with this."
"C'mon. She just doing it to make you jealous."
"Oh God. I'm losing her, Sam."
"Oh, would you stop that. You're my friend. I'm never gonna take a woman away from you."
"What about Diane?"
"And didn't God punish me with a vengeance?"

"Sam, run upstairs and get me some change."
"Oh, c'mon. That's a Junior Bartender's job."
"You ARE the Junior Bartender."
"Oh, right. Yeah, but I'm working my way up. You know, pretty soon I might even own my own bar."

"She's got the hots for ya."
"Carla, you're crazy. She's just a sad old women who needed someone to talk to. You of all people should understand that."

"Oh joy, Christmas Eve. By this time tomorrow, millions of Americans, knee deep in tinsel and wrapping paper will utter those heart-felt words, Is this all I got?"

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure everyone will forgive you."
"But it was a lie, Sam, and I never told a lie before. No, no wait. That's a lie. I've told a lie before. See, now that's two lies. See how much easier it gets. Oh my God, I'm out of control. What's next? Murder?"

"This isn't the first time I've goofed up at the company. I started out as a junior executive and I'm diligently working my way down to the mail room with a brief stopover in that Siberia, called Cheers."

"I got this gorgeous dental hygienist I've been trying to impress. Flossing every day just isn't doing it. She'll love this yacht thing. She's into money in a big way."
"It's amazing how superficial some people can be, isn't it?"
"Tell me about it. Good thing for her she's got a great set of hooters."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: