Tuesday, April 17, 2007

TV: Futurama - 1st Season (1999)

DVD: 3 Discs
Futurama, Vol. 1

"You really want a robot for a friend?"
"Yeah, ever since I was six."
"Well, ok. But I don't want people thinking we are robosexuals... so if anyone asks, you are my debugger."

Review: Matt Groening's other series hit the ground running and is an instant classic with only four seasons. While just below the level of quality of "The Simpsons" at its peak it was much better than the latter years of "The Simpsons" while they were both on the air together. Bender is the standout character, much like Homer.

"Yeah, well... I'm gonna go build my own theme park, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the park!"

"Come on, it's just like making love. Y'know... left, down, rotate sixty-two degrees, engage rotor..."
"I KNOW how to make love."

"Oh, I always feared he would run off like this. Why? WHY? WHY didn't I break his legs?"

"Kill all humans, kill all humans, must kill all hu..."
"Bender, wake up."
"I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it."

"You're the kind of guy who visits Jerusalem and doesn't want to visit the Sexeteria."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: