Thursday, April 05, 2007

TV: Cheers - 3rd Season

DVD: 4 Discs
Cheers - The Complete Third Season

"Boy, you sure are back in here for somebody who said there were never coming back in here."
"Human beings change, Sam."

Review: This is the season where Fraiser is introduced to the show as Diane's new boyfriend and fiance. His style is a great addition to the mix of the show. This is also Coach's last season before he passed away. The first two episodes of this season contained some of his best work on Cheers. He was funny, heart-felt and a little crafty as he tricks Diane and Sam to work together again. "The Bartender's Tale" is one of my favorite episodes of Cheers ever.

"C'mon Cliff, I have a wife to go home to."
"That's all right. We can stop by and pick her up, you know, I haven't met her yet..."
"I don't think so. Not tonight."
"Whoa, whoa, what a minute. Who are you ashamed of, Norm, me or her?"
"A little of both, I guess."

"I could get out of jail after twelve years, serve on a ship with an all-male crew for another four, be dropped off on a deserted island for another three with nothing but raw oysters and if Diane were to walk out of the surf naked one day, all I would want from her would be the hockey scores."
"And you wouldn't even get that."

"I understand you used to date that woman. I wanna know how much you would charge to start things up again?"
"You don't have enough money."
"How would you know?"
"There ISN'T enough money."
"I know what you mean."
"Nah, I don't think you do."
"I think I do."
"Oh, no."
"Oh, yes."
"Oh, no!"

"On the contrary, Diane, we also address ourselves to some of the most vital and meaningful issues of our times. For instance, if Southeast Asia were to be obliderated by a nuclear attack, Norm here, would have to push a peanut up Boylston Street with his nose."
"But only as far as the corner, Cliffey. C,mon Peace."

"Are you kidding me? When a butterfly lands on a ball in midflight, it's not cooking."
"All I care about is not embarrasing myself."
"Good luck."
"Listen, I have a right to be a little rusty. The only thing I've thrown in the past ten years is... Diane's butt out of here."

"Why did you play this game in the first place? To impress a bevy of buxom bunnies who now will never speak to you again. You wanted to beat them more than you wanted to BED them."
"Oh my god, I am sick."

"Hey Sam. You got this textbook here, what are you asking Diane questions for?"
"Well, it's more fun to steal than to study. Anyway, I think it's kinda of a hot irony to be using Diane's brain to get another woman's body."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: