Tuesday, April 17, 2007

TV: Futurama - Bender's Big Score!

DVD: Anamorphic Widescreen
Futurama - Bender's Big Score

"We're back, baby!"

"What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
"It was bound to be somewhere!"

Review: I have anticipated this first Futurama movie for too long for me to enjoy it the first time I viewed it. I expected every line to be spun comedic gold and when it wasn't, I felt disappointed. I hope when I re-visit it again in a few months I will find a much better experience unspoiled by unrealistically high expectations. Lots of smiles and chuckles, but not the belly laughs I was looking for.

"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen."

"Finished. I've managed to save the universe and forty percent of your rectum."
"That's all you need."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: