Friday, April 13, 2007

Film: The Running Man (1987)

DVD: Anamorphic
The Running Man (Special Edition)

"Hello, this is Killian. Give me the Justice Department, Entertainment Division."

Review: I could harp on this movie's many plot holes, but that would be nit-picking and take away from the pure enjoyment it provides. The movie is full of action, one-liners by Arnold and a wonderful hammy performance by Richard Dawson as the host of the futuristic game show, Running Man.

"Killian! I'll be back!"
"Only in a rerun."

"I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!"

"Are you ready for pain? Are you ready for suffering? If the answer is 'yes,' then you're ready for Captain Freedom's Workout!"

2 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: