Sunday, June 06, 2010

Film: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

"You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember."

Review: This sequel is as well filmed as the first, but Prince Caspian was always one of my least favorite of the Narnia books so it wasn't as emotional as the last movie. Peter Dinklage as Trumpkin and Sergio Castellitto as King Miraz were standouts. I am looking forward to the third film, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, my favorite Narnia book.

"I am High King Peter the Magnificent."
"You probably could have left off the last bit."
"Heh, heh, heh. Probably."

"We've anxiously awaited your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service."
"Oh my god, he's so cute."
"Who said that?!!"
"Um, sorry."

"There is still time to surrender."
"Well, feel free."
"How many more must die for the throne?"
"Just one."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: