Wednesday, April 18, 2007

TV: Just Shoot Me! - 1st & 2nd Seasons

DVD: 4 Discs
Just Shoot Me - Seasons One and Two

"Oh, I just remembered. You're boring. And my legs work."

Review: This was a great show, a perfect vehicle for the dark wit of David Spade. The rest of the cast did wonderful character work to make it an excellent ensemble show with great chemistry. The episode, "Pass the Salt" with Brian Dennehy playing Finch's fireman father is a classic. The more I watch this show the more it grows in my esteem. When it first aired I enjoyed it but it was always overshadowed by shows like Seinfeld & NewsRadio.

"Ooh, a sex dream. How was I?"
"Absent."

"Finch, the copier's not working."
"Maybe the dark cloud over your head shorted it out."

"He's too old for you."
"Based on what?"
"Based on the number of times the Earth has orbited the Sun since he was born."

"So just forget about her, stop all contact, and get her out of your life."
"Yeah, thanks.......... If you're waiting for a hug, you might want to pack a lunch."
"THAT'S the Finch I know!"

"Your father, huh, I take it there's a problem."
"Forget it, nothing worse than listening to some sad-sack whining about how Daddy done wrong."
"Oh yeah, I know but... HEY!"

"We'll probably wind up at some bar watching TV and not talking to each other."
"You don't talk."
"Well, I didn't come from that Italian, Jewish, Catholic background... or whatever it is you got going."

"Hey Miya. I think I have an idea on how to get you more adventure points."
"I told you yesterday I'm not taking a bath with you."
"Ok, Gotcha. We'll leave that one up in the air, but here is my second idea."

3 1/2 out of 4 stars

No comments: