Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Film: Pushing Tin (1999)

 VUDU: Streaming

Review: Entertaining film about two feuding air traffic controllers, played by John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton, who move their competition at work into their personal lives. Written by Glen and Les Charles, the creators of Cheers, the story captures the stressful work environment and crazy personality types who control the busy skies over New York.

Quotes:
"Ed, can you take that Delta?"
"No, I can't take the Delta, my airspace is finite."
"Uh-oh, Ed's going down the drain."
"I am NOT going down the drain."
"Oh yes you are. It happens every time you use the term 'finite'."

"Now are you going to give me a vector or am I going to have to find New York by the smell?"
"Oh, all right. Sparta 753 turn left heading zero-seven-zero, maintain two-thousand till localizer. Cleared ILS runway four."
"ILS runway four. Hey, let's have dinner some time, Control. I want to see if you are as ugly as you sound."
"OK, as long as I can find a place where we don't need shoes. Now will your pig be dining with you or will you be sleeping alone?"

"Sir, will you please sit down! The Captain is in control of the plane!"
"Oh, you think the Captain is in control? Now THAT would really scare me!"

"I'm personally going to see to it that you go down in flames!"
"What?"
"Negative, United. That was not to you. Not to you!"

"If you ever want to sleep at night, don't marry a beautiful girl."

4 out 5 Stars

No comments: