Sunday, September 21, 2008

Film: Mission Impossible 3 (2006)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Mission Impossible III (Widescreen Edition)

"I've been trying to bring Davian down since the day that I got here. And do you know what I've got for it?"
"It's never been confirmed that the Toxin Five theft was Davian..."
"Mr. Musgrave, please don't interrupt me when I'm asking rhetorical questions."

Review: It is rare that the third film in a series is the best, but that's the case here. While the first film had some great sequences, I thought it was just average overall. The second film was ridiculously over the top and one of Tom Cruise's worst films. The third film is a great mix of acting, special effects, stunts and simple but effective story-telling.

"That look in your eyes is a pain in my ass, you know that, right?"

"I have the Rabbit's Foot, but I can't make it to the roof!"
"What the hell d'you mean you can't make it to the roof? Where are you?"
"Look up! Look up! Look up!"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: