Thursday, September 04, 2008

Film: Lock Up (1989)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Lock Up

"All I know is I've only got six months left on my sentence."
"In Gateway, six months can be a lifetime. Anything can happen. This is hard time, Frank. You have no rights here unless I give them to you. You feel no pleasure unless I tell you you can. This is hell, and I'm going to give you the guided tour."

Review: Sylvester Stallone is finishing the last six months of his sentence, but he has just been transferred to the prison of a revengeful warden. I like how they were able to squeeze into a prison movie, the required happy musical montage of the prisoners rebuilding a car. It is an entertaining 80's movie.

"Move it, Ace. That's my spot... Uh-uh, that's my spot, too."
"Any spot in here that isn't yours?"
"Nope, they're all mine. You wanna use it, you gotta pay."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: