Sunday, September 07, 2008

Film: Miami Vice (2006)

DVD: Anamorphic
Miami Vice (Unrated Director's Cut)

"What do you like to drink?"
"I'm a fiend for mojitos."
"I know a place. I'll take you to the best place for mojitos."
"Where is that?"
"Bodeguita del Medio."
"In the Keys?"
"Havana."

Review: A visually beautiful movie with a slick plot, but not much depth. A pair of Miami cops go deep undercover to figure out a South American drug lord's operation. It is a darker version of the 80's TV show.

"Why do I get the feeling everyone knows we're here 15 blocks out?"
"Cause everyone knows we're here 15 blocks out."

"Shoot me, she dies. Shoot me, go ahead. Fuck it, we can all go. That's cool."
"That's not what happens. What will happen is... what will happen is I will put a round at twenty-seven hundred feet per second into the medulla at the base of your brain. And you will be dead from the neck down before your body knows it. Your finger won't even twitch. Only you get dead. So tell me, sport, do you believe that?"

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: