Friday, January 12, 2007

Film: Coneheads (1993)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Coneheads

"Therefore, you will... NARFLE THE GARTHOK!"

Review: This is not a work of genius, but it is just so funny and well done. I would rank it in the top-tier of movies based on SNL skits along side "Wayne's World".

Favorite Scene: The Kodachrome Montage shot on 8mm film

"Where did you get this keychain?"
"It's a gift. From one of the finest men I've ever known. I only wish I had more drivers like him, diligent... punctual... his cab invariably sweet-smelling."

"So, if you want to take a seat over there, I will call you when your car is finished."
"I will comply. What choice do I have? It is as if you have seized me at the base of my snarglies."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I've not seen it.

I think I had trouble getting past the somewhat penile heads (sreiously, no pun intended).

I did, however watch a twisted freak of a movie this weekend - Firecracker.

And I watched the WHOLE thing. I did not understand it all and that, most likely, is a good thing.