Friday, January 26, 2007

Film: Father of the Bride (1991)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Father of the Bride (15th Anniversary Edition)

"I used to think a wedding was a simple affair. Boy and girl meet, they fall in love, he buys a ring, she buys a dress, they say I do. I was wrong. That's getting married. A wedding is an entirely different proposition. I know. I've just been through one."

Review: This is a fun Steve Martin comedy. It tells the story of a wedding through the eyes of the father as he tries to deal with the loss of his only daughter and the rapidly escalating costs at the same time. Martin Short adds laughs as the heavily accented wedding coordinator.

"Can I put Cameron back on the list if he promises not to eat?"
"You know, that's not a bad idea. Who else can we ask not to eat? My parents and your mother."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: