Monday, January 08, 2007

Film: Big (1988)

Blu-Ray


Review: This movie is great because it appeals to the grown-ups who want to remember their youth and kids who want to be grown-up and free. Tom Hanks is great as the kid trapped in the body of a 30 year old man. It seems like Hollywood has forgotten how to make these light-hearted comedies.

Favorite Scene: The Trampoline

Quotes:
"I wish I were big."

"See that girl over there in the red? Say hi to her and she's yours. She'll have her legs around you so tight you'll be begging for mercy."
"Well, I'll stay away from her, then."

"What's this?"
"Pay day."
"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN DOLLARS?"
"Yeah. They really screw you don't they?"

"So you got a job, where you play with all these toys."
"Yup!"
"And they're gonna pay you for that!"
"Yup!"
"SUCKERS!"

"I'm not so sure we should do this."
"Do what?"
"Well, I like you, and I want to spend the night with you."
"Do you mean sleep over?"
"Well... yeah."
"Well, okay... but I get to be on top."

"Will you please leave? I got a deadline to meet. Gosh."
"Who the fuck do you think you are?"
"HEY!"
"You're Josh Baskin, remember? You broke your arm on my roof! You hid in MY basement when Robert Dyson was about to rip your head off!"
"You don't get it, do you? This is important!"
"I'm your best friend. What's more important than that, huh? And I'm three months older than you are, ASSHOLE!"

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: