Friday, January 19, 2007

Film: Days of Thunder (1990)

Blu-Ray

Review: This is the "Top Gun" of Car Racing. Same big star and same director and they were able to catch the magic in a bottle again. When you add Robert Duvall to your movie you know you are going to have a winner. This is a fun movie that even non-racing fans can enjoy.

Favorite Scene: The Rental Car Race between Rowdy and Cole

Quotes:
"If you're from California, you're not a Yankee. You're not really anything."

"I had sponsors in from all over the coast and I'm hugging, and holding hands, and praying for a good showin'. And what do we do? We end up looking like a monkey fucking a football out there."

"Cole, you're wandering all over the track!"
"Yeah, well this son of a bitch just slammed into me.
"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

"All right. While we're still under a caution, I want you to go back out on that track and hit the pace car."
"Hit the pace car?"
"Hit the pace car."
"What for?"
"Because you've hit every other goddamned thing out there, I want you to be perfect."

"Drivers can't stand to be reminded of what can happen to 'em in a racecar. They, they don't go to hospitals, they don't go to funerals. You get a driver to a funeral before he's actually dead, you've made history, darlin'."

"I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect."

"Now can you walk, or am I gonna have to carry you?"
"Where to?"
"Victory Lane."
"Walk? Hell... I'll race your ass."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: