Monday, January 08, 2007

Film: The Big Blue (1988)

DVD: Anamorphic
The Big Blue (Director's Cut)

"Well, if it isn't the little Frenchman."

Review: This is the movie where I was introduced to the greatness that is Jean Reno. This movie would still be an interesting tale of free diving without him but Jean's character adds a spark and life to the film as the Italian rival competitor. I prefer Bill Conte's soundtrack because it seems to compliment the ocean surroundings better, but Eric Serra's soundtract on this DVD is good too.

Favorite Scene: Tea Party at the bottom of the pool

"Ah, I was 17! I was so in love with her, I tried to die for her. Two years later I can't even remember her name. Time, erases everything."

"How long can you hold your breath?"
"Longer than you."
"Aah. We'll see."

"Who won?"
"Who won what? The asshole award? Let me tell you, it was a tie!"

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: