Thursday, January 11, 2007

Film: Braveheart (1995)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Braveheart

"Whom do I send? Not my gentle son. The mere sight of him would only encourage an enemy to take over the whole country."

"The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fucked."

Review: This is a great movie that I loved and saw twice in the theater. It had humor, the best battle scenes put to film at the time, and the beautiful Sophie, but I have seen it too many times now and it has lost some of it's magic. I need to let a few years go by before I see it again.

"Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take away our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"

4 out of 4 Stars - EPIC

No comments: