Saturday, March 17, 2018

Film: Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)

Blu-Ray


Review: A funny movie about an irresponsible father, played by Robin Williams, who loses custody of his kids after the divorce. Desperate to see his kids more often, he dresses up as an older woman to answer an ad placed my his ex-wife for a nanny/housekeeper. Robin's trademark humor along with the slapstick costume changes is very entertaining.

Quotes:
"Look at this! My first day as a woman and I'm getting hot flashes."

"We're his damn kids too."
"Heh, heh, kids say the darnedest things."
"Thank you. Any other choice phrases you'd like to teach our five year old, Daniel?"

"Could you make me a woman?"
"Honey, I'm so happy!"
"I knew you'd understand."

"It's not working. I need to go older."
"Older? You mean like a Shelley Winters older, or Shirley MacLaine older?"
"What's the difference?"
"Some Scotch tape and red hair dye."
"What about Joan Collins?"
"Oh, I don't think I have the strength. But I have some plaster."

"Isn't he fabulous?"
"If you like that handsome rugged type. But personally I prefer short, furry and funny."

"Oh, sir. I saw it! Some angry member of the kitchen staff, Did you not tip them? Oh, the terrorists! They ran that way. It was a run-by fruiting. I'll get them, sir. Don't worry."

"I like that Mediterranean look in women. Natural, healthy. Just the way God made you."
"Well, he broke the mold when he made me. He made me very special."
"He sure did."

"Mrs. Doubtfire."
"What?"
"You're going into the men's room."
"Huh? Oh, so it is. I do need new glasses dear. Sorry."

"Tell me, why would Mrs. Doubtfire be a good host?"
"I'm a hip old granny who can hip-hop, bebop, dance til ya drop and yo yo, make a wicked cup of cocoa."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: