Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Film: Dinner for Schmucks (2010)

Blu-Ray


Review: This is a funny movie where Tim is up for a big promotion if he can bring an entertaining idiot to his boss' themed dinner party. Sickened by the idea at first, he changes his mind when he bumps into the perfect guest, a naive man-child named Barry who builds dioramas with stuffed mice. The dioramas displayed during the opening and closing credits are hilarious!

Quotes:
"Have you ever lived among a herd of goats, for months at a time, as one of them?"
"No."
"That surprises me."

"You might not like him. I don't like him. I hate him! But we need him. You know? It's like the CIA."
"The CIA?"
"The CIA does some pretty funky, nasty stuff in the shadows, but I, for one, am glad they're there."
"The CIA doesn't invite people to dinner to make fun of them."
"No. The CIA kills people. And I'm getting raked over the coals because of a little dinner."

"I need to be punished. I cheated in class. Don't you want to be my school teacher?"
"I'm really not qualified. I work for the IRS."
"Not tonight..."
"No, all the time. I work..."
"Ok, ok! You work for the IRS and I have been very, very bad. I haven't paid my taxes and I need to be spanked, NOW!"
"Well, that's really not the way it works, you probably just have to pay the difference, plus interest...

"Well, these people invited us here to make fun of us. This is a contest for the biggest idiot... which I nailed!"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: