Monday, July 13, 2009

Film: Black Snake Moan (2007)

DVD: Enhanced 16:9
Black Snake Moan

"It's already noon, Rae. Do you think those shorts should still be on?"
"Well if they weren't, you could kiss my rebel coochie, faggot."

Review: This is Samuel L. Jackson's best role in a while. Christina Ricci is very good as the troubled woman he attempts to cure after finding her beaten up and abandoned on the side of road near his farm. His unusual methods turn out to be just what she needs.

"Get this goddamn chain off me!"
"Look, girl, you been running wild on me! Between them fits and fever dreams you having, I been chasing you all over this place at night."
"Well, I'm woke now. You can take this off."
"No... You ain't right yet."

"Just go in there and talk to her. Please... And I fixing steaks for supper. I expect you to stay."
"You expect me to sit down and eat with that woman chained up the way she is?"
"R.L., you watch yourself in there. That girl be on your dick like stank on shit."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: