Sunday, February 04, 2018

Film: Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Blu-Ray

Review: A quirky Wes Anderson movie about a boy scout who runs away with his girlfriend on a small island in New England. Their past is told in flashbacks as they are tracked down by his troop and her parents.

Quotes:
"Jiminy cricket, he flew the coop!"

"What happened to your hand?"
"I got hit in the mirror."
"Really? How did that happen?"
"I lost my temper at myself."

"Why do you always use binoculars?"
"It helps me see things closer. Even if they're not very far away. I pretend it's my magic power."
"That sounds like poetry. Poems don't always have to rhyme, you know. They're just supposed to be creative."

"Sometimes I stick leaves on my hair. It helps cool your head down."
"Hmm. That's a good idea. It might also help if you didn't wear a fur hat."

"These are my books. I like stories with magic powers in them. Either in kingdoms on Earth or on foreign planets. Usually I prefer a girl hero, but not always."

"You can touch my chest. I, uh... I think they're gonna grow more."

"I'm a civil law scrivener. I'm authorized to declare births, deaths, and marriages. You're kind of young. You got a license?"
"No."
"I can't offer you a legally binding union. It won't hold up in the state, the county, or frankly, any courtroom in the world, due to your age, lack of a license, and failure to get parental consent. But the ritual does carry a very important moral weight within yourselves. You can't enter into the contract lightly. Look into my eyes. Do you love each other?"
"Yes, we do."

4 out 5 Stars

No comments: