Sunday, September 21, 2008

Film: The General's Daughter (1999)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
The General's Daughter

"Why was she murdered?"
"Well, possible motives for murder are profit, revenge, jealousy, to conceal a crime, to avoid humiliation and disgrace, or plain old homicidal mania. Right there in the manual."

Review: This is a beautifully shot thriller of a military investigator trying to solve the murder of the General's daughter on a Southern Military Base. John Travolta is entertaining with his charming, but tough character.

"Oh, my. This was one squared-away soldier. Equally prepared for a military ball or the next war in the jungle."

"Do you think I'm involved in this?"
"One way or another, yes, I do."
"Then wouldn't it behoove me to retain the services of an attorney? I know a good one."
"Two problems there. First, the obvious. There are no good ones. Second, you're not a civilian, Colonel. You're in the Army. You have no rights to an attorney. You have no right to remain silent. And if you don't cooperate, I may have to put you in jail, and that would make me feel bad."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: