Friday, April 06, 2007

TV: Cheers - 5th Season

DVD: 4 Discs
Cheers - The Complete Fifth Season

"You know, for the longest time I kept pretending about you. I guess I was afraid to admit my feelings. But from the very start, down-deep inside, I have been crazy about you. Crazier about you than any other woman I've ever met. Hell, I was crazy about you even when I hated you. What I'm trying to say is, will you marry me?"
"No."
"No?"
"No."
"Are you serious?"
"I'm afraid I am."
"Well, seems to me you have two choices. One, I can throw you in or two, you can jump in."

Review: This last season with Diane Chambers is one of the best of the series. Sam and Diane's relationship reaches its climax as they get engaged and attempt to marry. Frasier and Woody are now fully integrated into the show and provide a lot of the humor. "Abnormal Psychology", "Chambers vs. Malone" and "Simon Says" are a few of the best episodes.

"I'm kinda worried that Diane may get hurt."
"My god, Sam. That's very noble of you."
"No, no, no, I mean that I had a dream last night that I killed her... and it felt really good. Does this mean I'm crazy or something?"
"No, no, of course not. It's very normal for most sane people to entertain insane impulses sometimes. It's very natural to want to hurt someone that rejected you. For example, well, there's me. I can't tell you how many times I felt my own hands around her windpipe, strangling her, fingers tightening... CARTILAGE SNAPPING... and, I'm a respected psychiatrist."

"Everyone knows that hate is not the opposite of love, indifference is."
"Well, whatever you say. I really don't care."

"Hey Woody! Do you want in?"
"I don't think so. You know, when I left home my father gave me some very sound advice. Never trust a man who can't look you in the eye... Never talk when you can listen... And never spend venture capital on a limited partnership without a detailed analytical fiduciary prospectus."

"Deep down inside, you know this is going to happen. You're going to propose to me."
"You say that every day."
"But I don't say this every day... It's today."
"That... is one scary woman."

"You mean I have to propose to her to keep from going to jail where I wouldn't be going in the first place if she'd said yes to any one of my three proposals?"
"That's a very ironic way of putting it. Now which is it going to be, a wedding or a trial?"
"How long would I have to be in jail?"

"Dr. Fraiser Crane... noted psychiatrist... winner of the Mildred Bergan Fellowship... author of twenty-seven published articles is OUT on bail."

"Give me an A!"
"Aaaaa!!!"
"Give me a B!"
"Beeee!!!"
"Give me a C!"
"Ceeee!!!"
"Give me a D!"
"Deeee!!! Hey, wait a minute, Woody. What are you doing?"
"Well, the alphabet. We're warming up here."

"My feelings aren't hurt. I just feel bad for you. Sentenced to a life with one perfume... one set of insensitive earlobes... one set of lips, flapping in your ear... till you die."
"C'mon! I was with a bunch of guys. I mean, they forced me to make a speech. How the hell did I know my fiancee was hiding in the cake taking dictation."

"Hey! Have a good life."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: