Friday, April 13, 2007

TV: Friends - 5th Season

DVD: 4 Discs
Friends: The Complete Fifth Season

"What's that?"
"It came in the mail today. It's 72 long-stemmed red roses. One for each day I've known and loved Emily... cut up into mulch."
"Oh Honey, that's awful."
"It's not so bad. Monica's going TO MAKE POTPOURRI."

Review: This is the last great season of Friends, ending with Ross and Rachel's drunken marriage in Las Vegas. A great story line for most of the season was the secret relationship of Chandler and Monica. After this season, the show just starts to recycle itself, still with lots of laughs but without the magic.

"Come in. I've been waiting for you."
"Hi, I just... Aaaah! Oh, my god! Monica! Oh, my God!"
"I'm sorry! I was, um... I was taking a nap."
"Since when do you take naps in that position? Oh God, Monica. Tell me you were waiting for a guy. Please tell me you were waiting for a guy."
"Yes, I was. A guy. From work."

"Phoebe. I'm sorry about the whole 'lifting out' thing. You gotta come with me."
"Come where?"
"Wherever I go. C'mon, you and me, we'll start a new group. We're the best ones."
"Okay, but try to get Joey too."

"I'm really getting tired of sneaking around."
"I know, me too. Heh! You know what? What if we went away for the whole weekend? We would have no interruptions and we could be naked the entire time.
"All weekend? That's a whole lot of naked."

"Joey has got a secret peephole!"
"Oh, no, no, no!"
"Yes, he has a naked picture of Monica! He takes naked pictures of us, then he eats chicken and then he looks at them! Look!"
"Aah! Dude, that's my sister!"
"Wait! Just wait. Everybody just calm down, okay? Let's give our friend, Joey, a chance to explain why he's such A BIG PERVERT!"

"Let me make sure I'm hearing this right. You're ending this with me because... I'm... too whiny? So you're saying... I've become... so whiny... that I... annoy you... Janice."
"Well, yeah!"
"Oh! My! God!!"
"Are you going to be okay?"
"I am now."

"It is odd how a woman's purse looks so good on me, a man."
"Exactly. Unisex."
"Maybe you need sex. I had sex a couple days ago."
"No, no, Joey. U-N-I sex."
"Well, I ain't gonna say no to that!"

"Joey, the sooner Pheobe breaks Chandler, the sooner this is all over and out in the open."
"Ooh! I like that. Oh, okay! Show him your bra. He's afraid of bras. Can't work them."
"Aah! Joey!! Wow, you didn't rip off any buttons."
"It's not my first time."

"Here we go. Pivot... Pivot... Pivot! Pivot!! PIVOT!!!"
"Shut up! Shut up! Shut UP!"
"Okay, I don't think it'll pivot anymore."
"You think?!!"

"I'm going to ask you a series of questions and you answer as quickly as you can."
"Yes!"
"Good. But wait. Ok, here we go. I want you to relax. Clear your mind. Which do you like better, peanut butter or egg whites?"
"Peanut butter."
"Which would you rather be, a fireman or a swimmer?"
"Swimmer."
"Who would you rather sleep with, Monica or Rachel?"
"Monica. Ooh! I always thought it would be Rachel."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: