Thursday, April 05, 2007

TV: Cheers - 2nd Season

DVD: 4 Discs
Cheers - The Complete Second Season

"She better be great."

Review: There are allot of great episodes this season. Diane and Sam keep the fire going in their relationship even though they are a couple this season. Sam's fight with Norm over his tax return in "No Help Wanted" is one of the highlights of the season.

"What are you doing to me, Diane? I'm losing my mind here. I mean, the first time I saw you, I said to myself, now that, that could be the woman who's going to make me happy for the rest of my life. Now I will be happy just to stay out of jail. You make me sorry I was ever born."

"Hey, hey, I thought you said you weren't going to call me Stupid now that we're being intimate."
"No, I said that I wouldn't call you Stupid WHILE we're being intimate."

"You know, Diane. It gets me the way you women are always talking about sex on the job. I mean, it's as if you are the only victims. What about me?"
"What about you?"
"You're telling me you took this job because you wanted to be a waitress?"
"Absolutely not. I had a burning desire to discover and explore this vein of American culture."
"Bull! You had a burning desire to discover and explore Mount Sammy, here."

"The level of conversation in this bar could not sink any lower."
"Hiya, Wonderbuns."

"Just so I don't mistake this for you being deep in thought about how much you love me. You're not talking to me, right?"
"I hate you with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns."

"Bleah!"
"Carla, if you have something to say, come right out and say it."
"Alright. YEACH!!!!!"

"Coach has turned into a tyrant."
"Yeah, but he's winning, Diane, and winning is the most important thing here."
"Well, I don't think winning is the most important thing here."
"Well good, then you won't mind losing this argument."
"Over my dead body."
"Don't bring last night into this."

"The only battles I ever won in my life, I won on my own."
"Sam, that's brilliantly put."
"Actually, you said that to me just a couple of days ago."
"Yes, I know, but you remembered it and used it in the proper context."

"Next thing you know, we went back to what used to be our place and we kinda made love."
"Well, you can't kinda make love, Norm."
"You don't know Vera."

"What's shaking, Norm?"
"All four cheeks and a couple of chins, Coach."

"The scum! Making a play for his best friend's wife. Well, that's something even you wouldn't do."
"Well thank you for that, Diane. I can't take all the credit for that because most of my friend's wives are real uggos."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: