Friday, April 06, 2007

TV: Cheers - 10th Season (1991-1992)

DVD: 4 Discs
Cheers: The Complete Tenth Season

"Oh, remember the Ritz Carlton, Darling? A night of unbridled passion that remains unmatched to this day."
"We have never been to the Ritz Carlton, Fraiser."
"Did I say the Ritz Carlton? I meant the Four Seasons."
"Strike two."

Review: It's not one of the best seasons, but it has some of my favorite episodes, 'The Norm Who Came in from the Cold', 'A Fine French Whine', & 'One Hugs, the Other Doesn't'. Sam was more subdued this season. I noticed there are hardly any scenes in Sam's office anymore.

"Here we are wasting away in the desert. I never pictured that the four of us would go out like this."
"How did you picture it, Cliff?"
"Well, I pictured Sammie getting topped by a jealous husband. Normie, I figured, you know, heart attack. Fraiser here..."
"Cliff, I don't want to hear it."
"You bet you don't."

"Well, well. Norm and Cliff in my home, usually at this time I wake up drenched in sweat."
"Oh, now there's an image."
"Now Cliffie. Back off now, Cliff. Lilith and I have been talking and it turn's out she's just regular folks."
"Sure, sure she is. Now what's a guy got to do to get a drink around here?"
"Cliff, this is not a tavern. This is my home. Do you see a bartender? Do you see any beer?"
"Oh, there he is!"
"Sammie! All right!"
"If Normie can't come to the beer, then the beer comes to Normie. Hey Lilith, want to get us some glasses here?"

"Normie, even though I chipped in for the beer with the guys. I also got you another special gift."
"Yeah? What's that?"
"Well, I did some research on the historical significance of birthdays, uncovered a lot of interesting facts, and, uh, I'm not going to share them with you. Happy Birthday, big guy."

"Dr. Crane, after you're done with that paper, can I have it?"
"Well, actually, I planned on saving it, Woody. There's an article about the ins and outs of buying diamonds and I was thinking of buying Lilith a broach."
"Uh, okay. See, I wanted to clip the coupons so I could make it to my next paycheck. But I don't want to cut up your article on jewels and diamonds."
"Here's the paper, Woody."

"We find we make better parents if we occasionally take a break from our parenting responsibilities."
"Hey, you don't have to justify it to me. My parents ran off for a year with a pentecostal caravan. Sure, they called once in awhile but they were speaking in tongues. It was by chance that they came back at all."

"Lilith, Nanette and I were just kids. I was first year med school and it only lasted a few months. I barely remember her. I remember her cat better, Bo Bo Black Paws. He used to love to sleep on my naked back. Oh God, he used to purr like an airplane when we were... Shoot! I can't remember! It's all gone!!"

"To tell you the truth, I was the best poker player in Hanover. Actually, I was the best poker player in the entire Metro Hanover Area."
"Ha, Ha, Ha! You're in the city now, Woody."
"Well, I guess you do play different than a bunch of farm boys."
"Oh, I guess we do. Why don't you sit down, Woodrow."
"Thanks, take it easy on me."
"So, what sort of game do you want to play?"
"Well, how about, uh, five blind piglets and one full teat?"
"What kind of game is that?"
"That's where five city boys loose all their money."

"You know, sometimes I think I'll never find someone. I thought Diane was going to be the one, but turns out she wasn't. Which was lucky for me because if she had been I would have ended up killing her and dieing in the electric chair."
"That is lucky."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: