Friday, April 13, 2007

TV: Friends - 1st Season (1994)

DVD: 4 Discs
Friends: The Complete First Season

"You know, you probably didn't know this, but back in high school, I had a major crush on you."
"I knew."
"You did. Oh... I always figured you just thought I was Monica's geeky older brother. "
"I did."

Review: The first season of Friends was great. The show hit the ground running and all the characters were fresh. The writers did a great job bouncing all the characters off of each other and the slow burn of Ross' love for Rachel.

"You know what? I'd better pass on the game. I'm just gonna go home and think about my ex-wife and her lesbian lover."
"The hell with hockey. Let's all do that."

"Last night, I had a dream that you and I were, uh, doing it on this table."
"Wow! Was I any good?"
"Well, you were pretty damn good."
"Interesting. 'Cause in my dreams, I'm surprisingly inadequate."

"All right, I tell you what. When we're forty, if neither of us are married, what do you say you and I get together and have a baby?"
"Why won't I be married when I am forty?"
"Uh, no, no! No! I just meant hypothetically."
"Ok, hypothetically. Why won't I be married when I'm forty?"
"No, no, no!"
"No, what is it? Seriously, is there something fundamentally unmarriable about me?"
"Uh, Uh!"
"Well?"
"Dear God! This, this parachute is a knapsack."

"It's so pretty. This must have cost him a fortune."
"I can't believe he did this."
"Oh, c'mon, Ross. Remember back in college when he fell in love with Carol and bought her that ridiculously expensive crystal duck?
"What did you just say?""
"Uh...uh... crystal duck."
"No, no, no. The 'love' part?"

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: