Monday, May 21, 2007

TV: The King of Queens - 1st Season

DVD: 3 Discs
The King of Queens - The Complete First Season

"Let me ask you a question. Would you say, basically, your life is good right now?"
"Yeah."
"Good wife, good job, the whole thing?"
"Yeah."
"Don't PICK at it!"

Review: This is a great show about an overweight lug and his loudmouthed wife as they deal with her father moving in with them. Every episode of this show gives me at least one good belly laugh. What more could you ask for in a sitcom?

"I think every married couple is entitled to one huge, horrible mistake on the house."
"You do?"
"Yes! I was hoping to save mine for an affair... but I'll use it here."

"...our relationship has been so simple. You know? We watch the games, drink beers, we eat chips, never share a deep feeling or thought. I don't want to LOSE THAT."

"I'm sorry, Dad. I'm going to have to turn the heat down."
"Go ahead, I am getting out anyway. I am in my birthday suit, so look away if your shy."
"Aaaah! Aah!"
"It's called gravity, Douglas, and it's coming for ya."

"There are playing 'Boogie Oogie Oogie'. This is our song."
"It is?"
"You don't remember in Junior High at Kim Eionola's birthday party. This song was on and you asked me to dance."
"Yeah, and you said no."
"I was shy."
"You gave me the finger."

"So, welcome to the 'Todd Had Your Wife Before You Did Club'."
"Hey, Kelly swore they didn't sleep together, they just fooled around."
"Which means what?"
"I didn't ask."
"Actually you've got to give the guy credit. He nailed both our wives and now here we are giving him gifts."

"I just feel so guilty."
"Ok, well look at it this way. Now he hates you, now he won't call you as much."
"I don't want him to hate me. I want him to love me AND not call me."

"I can't wait to have fat, loudmouth babies with you."
"Okay, what does that mean?"
"Cause I'm fat... and I'm a loudmouth too."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: