Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Film: Green Card (1990)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Green Card

"The coffee?"
"The coffee?"
"Yes."
"I'm about to go to jail, you're gonna be deported, but what about the coffee?"

Review: Gerard Depardieu is entertaining as a Frenchman who marries an American woman to get a green card, but find themselves investigated by the INS. Like all romantic comedies, the most important ingredient is the chemistry between the leads and this film has it. The musical score is very good, creating a good vibe throughout.

"Look, I don't want anyone to know about this, okay. So we have to make up a story in case we run into any of my friends. Something simple. You're an old friend. You're visiting from Paris. You're staying with me a couple of nights... You're gay."
"Gay? I don't want to be gay."

3 out of 4 Stars

No comments: