Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Film: Superman 3 (1983)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Superman III (Deluxe Edition)

"I ask you to kill Superman, and you can't do that one, simple thing."

Review: A lot of people view Superman III as a big step down from the first two, but I actually think III is better than II. I really enjoy watching Evil Superman as an ex-hero who gets drunk and unshaven, allows his uniform to get filthy and uses his powers to annoy and pester the populace. I think the fight between Evil Superman and Clark Kent in the junkyard is the best battle in all of the Superman movies. I also enjoy watching Richard Pryor skiing off the top of the skyscraper and skittering through traffic, amazed to still be alive.

"Well I hope you don't expect me to save you, 'cause I don't do that anymore."
"Don't worry about me. I'm long past savin."

"You always wanted to fly Kent. Now's your chance!"

3 out of 4 Stars

No comments: