Monday, May 21, 2007

Film: Trainspotting (1996)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Trainspotting - Director's Cut (Collector's Edition)

"The downside of coming off junk was I knew I would need to mix with my friends again in a state of full consciousness. It was awful. They reminded me so much of myself, I could hardly bear to look at them."

Review: This is an excellent movie about a junkie's experiences with heroin in Scotland. A great mix of visuals, sound and great writing invites you in to experience the highs and lows of addiction without allowing the plot to become too discombobulated.

"Brilliant gold taps, virginal white marble, a seat carved from ebony, a cistern full of Chanel Number Five, and a flunky handing me pieces of raw silk toilet roll. But under the circumstances I'll settle for anywhere."

"People think it's all about misery and desperation and death and all that shit which is not to be ignored, but what they forget is the pleasure of it. Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not fucking stupid. At least, we're not that fucking stupid."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: