Monday, March 09, 2009

Film: Zathura (2005)

DVD: Anamorphic
Zathura (Special Edition)

"That's your robot?"
"At least I got one."
"Well, what does it do?"
"Anything I want... Get me a juice box, Beeyatch!"

Review: Jon Favreau has shown his talent for Directing once again. He has a great sense on how to tell a story and keep the most fantastical elements grounded in reality. This is a film of two brothers who start playing an old board game they find in the basement, sending their house into outer space. Each turn brings more excitement and danger from robots or aliens as they discover the only way to get home is to finish the game.

"I hate to break it to you, but that's not your call. He spun me, so it's up to him."
"Well, I'm Fleet Admiral, and I'm telling you to hit the road."
"I apologize, sir. I didn't... I didn't realize you were a Fleet Admiral. In fact, I... I'm a Fleet Admiral too! It's just a card, bug nuts."

"Still think I have gorgeous eyes?"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: