Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Film: The Upside of Anger (2005)

DVD: Widescreen 16x9
The Upside of Anger

"Be nice!"
"That's not in my nature."

Review: This was one of the best movies of 2005 in my opinion. Joan Allen was great as the women who when left by her husband, only knows how to cope by drinking and angerly lashing out at her family and friends. This was another great role for Kevin Costner as the neighbor.

"Who should I sleep with, Terry? Women like you? Your age? My age? I don't. You know why? 'Cause younger women are NICE. You take them out, and they're actually grateful. 'Oh look, a steak. Yummy.' You go for a walk after dinner, the air smells nice, they say, 'Thank you. This was NICE. This was FUN. You're FUNNY. Tee-hee-hee.' What should I do, Terry? Settle down and marry some pissed-off thing like you? I'd rather have someone come over and do DENTAL work, EVERY DAY, from my backside, up... through my ASS!"

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: