Thursday, May 03, 2007

Film: Speed (1994)

DVD: Non-Anamorphic
Speed

Review: This is a non-stop thriller that made Keanu an action star. It is a great movie but I think that if it had ended sooner after getting off the bus it would have been perfect. The whole subway scene was good, but it is a little anti-climatic to me after watching it a few times.

Quotes:
"Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?"
"I'd want to know what bus it was..."
"You think I'm going to tell you that?"
"Yes."
"Aha, very good. There are rules, Jack, and I want you to get this right. NO ONE goes off the bus. If you try to take any passengers off the bus, I will detonate it. I want my money by 11AM."

"Hey! Get your ass behind the yellow line."

"I hate talking to negotiators, Jack. They talk to you like they're your best friend and they don't even know you."

"Did you have any luck with the bomb?"
"Yeah, it didn't go off."

"I have to warn you, I've heard relationships based on intense experiences never work."
"OK. We'll have to base it on sex then."
"Whatever you say, ma'am."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: