Thursday, May 03, 2007

Film: Star Wars - Return of the Jedi (1983)

DVD: Anamorphic
Star Wars, Episode VI- Return of the Jedi (Widescreen Edition)

"His high exaltedness, the Great Jabba the Hutt, has decreed that you are to be terminated immediately."
"Good, I hate long waits."

Review: This is the weakest of the original trilogy, but still stands head and shoulders above the prequels. The Emperor adds an interesting new character and Jabba's palace is a great set piece bringing the heroes back to Tatooine. Han Solo becoming a more respectable General instead of the maverick smuggler takes a lot of the spice from this last film.

Favorite Scene: The speeder bike chase.

"Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
"So be it... Jedi."

3 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: