Monday, May 21, 2007

TV: The King of Queens - 4th Season

DVD: 3 Discs
The King of Queens - The Complete Fourth Season

"Hey listen, uh. Since you're going to be seeing clearly from now on, I feel I should warn you. I'm a little overweight."

Review: Another solid season from the cast & crew. No real season long story arcs except Deacon & Kelly separate again and Spence & Danny become roommates. The great character of Holly is introduced as Arthur's dog walker.

"Our wives have very different size heads. Carrie, a little small, Kelly, a little big, but they pull it off."
"See now if they switch heads, see, that wouldn't work at all."
"Yeah, but if they did switch heads, who would you go home with?"
"I think you go with the head."

"Carrie's got a retreat with her law firm upstate. Hey listen, Deacon, can I get you to check in on Arthur?"
"There's no, uh, washing or wiping involved, is there?"
"No, he still on top of that."

"I am not moving up to the guest bedroom."
"Dad, you just had surgery, you're on new medication, I think I need to keep an eye on you."
"Keep an eye on me? No thank you, Senator McCarthy!"

"Leave it alone."
"What are you saying? Carrie's so out of my league that I can only get her to marry me by lying."
"Just leave it alone."
"I can't believe you."
"No problem, man. It's not a big deal. Women are just different. They need to think there is some magic fairy dust sprinkled over everything. All a man needs to know is that he's getting something 'special' on his birthday. Just leave it alone and let her believe."

"You know what? You're right. You're absolutely right. I'm sorry. Look, I'll make it up to you. Name it. What is it?"
"Strip."
"What?"
"That's right, a little strip tease. Offsie-Clothsie."
"You just pulled that out of your hat?"
"Oh no. I've been saving this one for a rainy day and it's pouring, sister."
"Well, can't I just melt some cheese on something for you?"
"If that's part of your act, sure."

"Okay look, before you start coping attitude I'm going to the gym again. So with all the extra food, it's a push. This area right here will remain unchanged. That's my pledge to you."

"You see. You were fighting me on this and it went great."
"Yeah! Oh, and by the way, it turns out when you're happily married and you're not desperate to pick someone up, the chicks just start flying at 'cha."
"At Cha? or at Deacon?"

"Meet the future. The prototype of the Arthur's Head Screwdriver. I fashioned it from an old typewriter key. You see, the letter A on the screwdriver will fit into the corresponding A-Hole in the Arthur Head Screw. So, how many units would be an appropriate first order for an item of this magnitude?"

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: