Thursday, May 31, 2007

Film: Wind (1992)

DVD: Anamorphic
Wind

"Well, don't worry about it. I mean, what could happen? Of course, my design could have a few flaws. And after a few weeks, Will and I discover we hate each other. Abigail proves to be the flake of the century; she can't raise a dime. A giant sandstorm comes along, knocks this place over, we go broke, the IRS throws us in jail. The State Department wants to throw me out of the country. But I fool them: in jail, I catch pneumonia and die."

Review: This a movie that turned me on to watching the America's Cup. It has a great story and has great cinematography. It is beautifully shot by the same director as "The Black Stallion". Stellan Skarsgaard is great as the boat's designer and the racing scenes make you feel like you are speeding along in the boat with the crew getting splashed by the waves.

"We're out in the desert, so bring some beer!"

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: