Monday, May 21, 2007

TV: The King of Queens - 2nd Season

DVD: 3 Discs
The King of Queens - The Complete Second Season

"You had a bike?"
"Sure, loved it too. The great open road, rumble of your machine, the camaraderie of your gang brothers."
"You were in a gang?"
"Not really. I asked them to let me in but they drank heavily all weekend and beat me pretty severely."
"Okay."
"And, I think, I may have been compromised by a gentleman named, Road Dog."

Review: This show continues it's excellence into the 2nd season. Assaulted Nuts, Meet By-Product, Wild Cards & Restaurant Row are some of the best episodes of the season.

"Listen, Deb's never met you, so tonight you might want to tone it down a notch."
"What?"
"You know what I'm talking about. I don't want them to think I married a bouncer, you know what I'm saying?"
"TONE IT DOWN?"
"Oh Lord."

"How do we decide who gets the extra ticket?"
"Hey, we can measure something. You know, like the length of something."
"All right."
"Or maybe there's another way."

"There's other things to do in life other than sitting on your ass and watching TV."
"Oh yeah, like WHAT?"
"I don't know. How about I buy you that Discman, huh, work on your abs like you said you would."
"Oh, get real. That was never gonna happen and you know it."

"Now listen to me, I am going upstate for a romantic weekend, you can come or not, but either way. I'm getting some."
"Maybe, I better be there for that."

"It has nothing to do with the girl, it's you. Obviously this thing has turned your whole world upside down."
"What? Has not."
"Oh, please. the nice pants, the cologne, the great sex."
"First of all, the sex was not that good."
"You were great."
"I disagree."
"Doug!"
"Look, my moves were clumsy. I was all over the place. I was out of control. How you got any pleasure out of it is a complete mystery."

"I think I'm going to be sick."
"Well, if you're going to puke, don't puke here, okay. You gotta puke in the bathroom."
"Alright, could you stop saying the word, puke, because it make's me wanna puke."
"Ok, I didn't know it was going to make you sick. I won't say it anymore... You wanna see my collection of puka shells?"

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: