Sunday, January 10, 2016

Film: Feeling Minnesota (1996)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9


Review: Keanu Reeves plays ex-con, Jjaks, who comes home to Minnesota for his brother's wedding and falls in love with the bride played by Cameron Diaz. Since she has been forced to marry the older brother by the local crime boss, she tries tries to convince Jjaks to help her escape town but not before stealing enough money to live comfortably in Vegas. Vincent D'Onofrio plays the older brother who shares a hate/hate relationship with Jjaks and is not about to let his new wife leave him.

Quotes:
"Let's just start this thing up and get out of here."
"I can't."
"Why? Why can't you see? Maybe all this shit happened with me, with you, with your mom dying. Maybe it happened so we would end up together."
"I can't."
"If you leave me here with these bastards, I swear you're a bigger fucker than they are."
"Don't you see? It feels too good. It feels too good! It's gonna turn to shit! I just can't!"

"I'm just saying. Go home one last time and get the money."
"Why, we have a little cash."
"I got fifty bucks stuffed in my underwear and you've got what, enough to spring for this swell place? We left in a hurry, Jjaks. We forgot."
"I know, but..."
"Jjaks, c'mon. We're almost there. Almost. It's like, if I close my eyes, I can see us in Vegas lying by a pool... with water in it. It's always sunny and warm. And guys in white jackets bring us daiquiris and all the food we can eat for four bucks. And all the towels smell like Downey fabric softener. There's no clocks, no bedtime and when I get going there you can come see me perform at night. I'd be wearing big red feathers and one of those things on my head, like crown things, with diamonds in it. When I come offstage I'd be too wired to sleep so we'll make love until morning and sleep until 2:00."

"I spend my whole life trying not to come back here. I always end up coming back here."
"Where's Freddie?"
"Why don't I just put the money back and really never come back?"
"So you and my wife can live happily ever after? That sounds like a really good deal for me."
"We're gonna go at it, aren't we, Sam?"
"Big time."

"How could lie to me about that?"
You ate my ear... You killed your wife... You framed me and you're mad at me for lying?"

"Drop the gun."
"You drop yours."
"Well, I pulled mine out first."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: