Monday, May 21, 2007

Film: Troy - Director's Cut (2004)

Blu-Ray


"Is there no one else? IS THERE NO ONE ELSE?"

"Only one man wields a sword better than you."
"Achilles."
"That madman. He would hurl a spear at Zeus himself. If the god insulted him."

Review: When I first saw the Theatrical Cut of Troy for the first time, I was disappointed because it had so much potential that was unreached. Watching this Director's Cut, I feel justified in that opinion. This longer version fixes 90% of the problems I originally had. There is more much needed character development which makes the whole movie flow better. Another major difference is the re-worked musical score which had sucked.

Favorite Scene: The fight between Achilles and Hector is one of the best fights I have seen in the movies. The fighting has a heaviness to it that gives it more realism than more acrobaticaly talented asian martial-arts/sword fights. The lack of grace is a plus.

"Of all the warlords loved by the gods, I hate him the most."
"We need him, my king."
"For now."

"You're still my enemy in the morning."
"You're still my enemy tonight. But even enemies can show respect."

"Get up, Prince of Troy! I won't let a stone rob me of my glory!"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: