Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Film: Licence to Kill (1989)

DVD: Anamorphic
Licence To Kill

"Pam, this is Q, my 'uncle'. Q, this is 'Miss Kennedy', my 'cousin'."
"Ah! We must be related."

Review: I think Timothy Dalton is an underrated James Bond and "Licence to Kill" is an underrated Bond film. I think this movie contains an excellent story where Bond goes renegade in order to get revenge on a South American drug lord who injures his friend and kills his wife on their honeymoon. Robert Davi did a great job as the villain and Wayne Newton did a fun little turn as the fake leader of a New Age Institute. Carey Lowell is also my favorite Bond girl.

"Oooo, I love James sooo much... I'll be DAMNED if I'll help him."
"Oh, don't judge him too harshly, my dear. Field Operatives must often use every means at their disposal to achieve their objectives."
"Bullshit!"

"When it gets up to your ankles, you're going to beg to tell me everything. When it gets up to your knees, you'll kiss my ass to kill you."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: