Monday, June 11, 2007

TV: Lost - 6th Season

5 Discs - Enhanced 16x9


Review: The last season is better on re-watch. Instead of wondering about the answers we didn't get, I was able to enjoy the ones we did. The final episode is very emotional. The little epilogue special feature with Ben and Hurley was great, tying up a few loose ends with some great humor.

Quotes:
"Sawyer, I'm sorry. I thought we were supposed to... I thought it would work."
"Well, it didn't!!!"

"You know what you said back at the hatch? He's just trying to help us."
"I ain't gonna kill Jack. He deserves to suffer on this rock just like the rest of us."

"How is that even possible? I mean... One minute he's gone, and now he's fine?"
"Of course he's fine."
"What does that mean?"
"He's an Iraqi torturer who shoots kids. He definitely deserves another go-around."

"As you can see, Hugo here has assumed the leadership position, so... that's pretty great."

"I'm sorry we had to put you through that. It was a test. We had to be sure."
"Test to be sure of what?"
"Don't worry. You passed."
-----------------
"I just lied to him, didn't I?"
"Yes."

"Hello James."
"I thought you were dead."
"I am."
"Here's to being dead."
"You're taking this extremely well."
"Taking what extremely well?"
"That I'm here."
"I don't give a damn if you're dead, or time travelin', or the Ghost of Christmas Past. All I care about is this whiskey. So bottoms up... get the hell out of my house."

"Does anyone want to say anything? Didn't any of you know him?"
"All right, I knew him... John Locke was a... a believer. He was a man of faith. He was... a much better man than I will ever be. And I'm very sorry I murdered him."
"This is the weirdest damn funeral I've ever been to."

"I came back here because I was broken. And I was stupid enough to think this place could fix me."

"Are you going to hurt them?"
"Only the ones that won't listen."

"What are you doing running errands for Locke?"
"I ain't runnin' errands for nobody."
"He said he sent you over to the other island. Did you find the plane?"
"Yeah. And that ain't the only thing over there. A guy named Widmore set up camp on the beach, got a whole team with him. Guys with guns. They're here for Locke."
"So what are you gonna do?"
"I'm gonna let them fight it out. And while they got their hands full with each other... you and me are gettin' the hell off this island."
"Even if we could get on the plane, who's gonna fly it?"
"We ain't taking the plane, Freckles. We're taking the sub."

"Oooh, that's a lot of chicken."
"I eat when I'm depressed."
"Ah! So what's her name?"
"I met a girl on a blind date the other night."
"And it didn't go as you hoped?"
"Mmm! She was totally awesome, except for one thing. She's crazy."
"Well, all women are a little bit crazy, brother."

"I'll do it... This is why I'm here. This is... This is what I'm supposed to do."
"Is that a question, Jack?"
"No."
"Good."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: