Friday, June 08, 2007

TV: Lost - 1st Season

DVD: 6 Discs - Anamorphic Widescreen
Lost - The Complete First Season

"Guys, where are we?"

Review: This is one of the most cinematic television shows that I have ever seen. This show does a good job of mixing mystery, character studies and comedy. It looks great in widescreen.

"You keep asking if there's anything."
"Pardon me for appearing desperate, but before the pilot was RIPPED FROM THE COCKPIT, he did say that no-one's going to find us unless we get that transceiver working. So... is there anything?"

"You're in my light, Sticks."
"Light sticks, what the hell is that?"
"Light, comma, sticks. As in those legs of yours."

"What? I am so not moving to the rape caves!"

"I think... that's why you and I don't see eye-to-eye sometimes, Jack because you're a man of science."
"Yeah, and what does that make you?"
"Me, well, I'm a man of faith. Do you really think all this... is an accident? That we, a group of strangers survived, many of us with just superficial injuries? Do you think we crashed on this place by coincidence, especially this place? We were brought here for a purpose, for a reason, all of us. Each one of us was brought here for a reason."

"Dear diary, still on the bloody island. Today, I swallowed a bug. Love, Claire."

"Got yourself one hell of an imagination, kid."
"There could be lots of other people on the island."
"So a tribe of evil natives planted a ringer in the camp to kidnap a pregnant girl and a reject from VH-1 has-beens. Yeah, fiendishly clever. And why am I getting the news from a six-year old?"
"I'm ten."
"Okay, then it must be true."

"What do you do in the real world, Mr. Locke?"
"It's John. Why don't you guess?"
"Well, you're either a taxidermist or a hit man."
"I was a regional collections supervisor for a box company."

"I can get it back."
"Really. How are you gonna do that?"
"I speak his language."
"You've done this before and if I remember it right, you made out with him, and he never even had what you said you could get."
"Well, I only made out with him because torturing him didn't work."
"Let him keep the gun. It's not worth it."

"Sawyer. I just think there might be something really wrong with him."
"And what does he think?"
"He says he's fine, but..."
"Then he's fine."
"Well, he could be playing it down. There could be something..."
"Look, Kate, I'd love nothing more than to check the guy out and make sure he's OK, but we both know all I'm gonna get for my trouble is a snappy one-liner, and if I'm real lucky, a brand new nick-name."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: